Development Production Technical Assistant
6 month contract with 1 month probationary period
Full time, M-F, 9.30 – 6.00
Salary circa £17,000 – 20,000 (dependent on experience)
Icon Films are seeking a bright and ambitious person to join the Development department. This role is the perfect first step into the media industry. The role would suit someone aspiring to be a shooting/editing PD. The development PTA is a key member of the team who is responsible for making large creative and technical contributions, from the conceptual stage through to the delivery of video content.
We are an ambitious and growing media production company and the Development Department plays a key role within the company - responsible for generating and pitching new business.
- Work with members of the development team to film and edit tasters for programmes being pitched
- Have an awareness of different channels and their target audiences
- Assist in kit management both prior to and after a shoot, including ordering kit, camera testing and liaising with camera operators.
- Transcribe interviews and scripts
- Liaise with the in-house post-production team to ensure smooth running of the edit
- Keep track of development/production/post-production schedules in order to prioritise tasks
- You have excellent working knowledge of editing software Premiere Pro
- You watch a broad range of factual television across terrestrial and cable channels
- You have knowledge of production workflow
- You are competent with relevant technical skills
If you feel you match all the above and have more to offer please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter, indicating which role you are applying for and why you feel you are the best candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date will be close of business on the 13th November.
Due to the high number of applications received if you have not heard from us by 27th November please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Contract: 1st January - 27th April
Seeking two offline editors for Channel 4 ob doc daytime series.
Experience in fast turn-around editing is essential.
Please contact email@example.com further information.
Icon Films is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity